Romanchenko Valeriy Yakovlevich, Doctor of historical sciences, professor, sub-department of social-legal and humanitarian-pedagogical sciences, Saratov State Vavilov Agrarian University (1 Teatralnaya square, Saratov, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Nozhkina Irina Aleksandrovna, Candidate of sociological sciences, associate professor, sub-department of social-legal and humanitarianpedagogical sciences, Saratov State Vavilov Agrarian University (1 Teatralnaya square, Saratov, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shmygina Oksana Nikolaevna, Candidate of historical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of social-legal and humanitarian-pedagogical sciences, Saratov State Vavilov Agrarian University (1 Teatralnaya square, Saratov, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Background. The purpose of this work is to analyze the first steps of the Bolshevik government to form a system of agricultural management. The socio-economic and political conditions and features of this process are determined. Attention is focused on the political bias of the government’s activities in organizing agricultural management, the priority focus of this activity on the development of large public farms and support for the rural poor. An important condition for studying the modern system of agriculture, especially its management, is the need to study the experience of agricultural management in the historical past, which determines the relevance of this study.
Materials and methods. The research is based on documents and materials that reveal the essence of the Soviet system of agricultural management at the initial stage of the formation of the Soviet government and works by scientists in the field of organization of public farms in the Russian countryside. In the course of preparing the work, we used basic research methods – dialectical, historicism, objectivity, system ones which allowed us to organize and structure the material taking into account agricultural issues. We also used common research methods such as problem-chronological, historical description, comparative-historical ones which allowed us to form a holistic view of the origins of the Soviet system of agricultural management.
Results. The system of agricultural management in Russia in the period 1917–1920 is studied, allowing us to identify the features of the formation and management of agriculture at the initial stage of its development.
Conclusions. It is concluded that initially the functioning of the management system of the agricultural sector of the economy was based on the principle of command administration, characteristic of totalitarian regimes. The emerging system of agricultural management was based on the principles of strict leadership and dictate. There was an acute shortage of managerial personnel in the field of agriculture. In general, in this period of time, it was not possible to create a coherent management system.
Bolsheviks, Soviet power, management system, agriculture, peasantry, large public farms, politics, government
1. Lenin V. I. Polnoe sobranie sochineniy: v 55 t. [Complete collection of works: in 55 volumes]; Institut marksizma-leninizma pri TsK KPSS. 5th ed. Moscow: Gosudarstvennoe izd-vo politicheskoy literatury, 1969, vol. 35, 634 p. [In Russian]
2. Agrarnaya politika Sovetskoy vlasti (1917–1918 gg.): Dokumenty i materialy [The agrarian policy of the Soviet rule (1917–1918): Documents and materials]. AN SSSR; Institut istorii; Glavnoe arkhivnoe upravlenie; Tsentral'nyy gosudarstvennyy arkhiv Oktyabr'skoy revolyutsii i sotsialisticheskogo stroitel'stva SSSR. Moscow: Izd-vo Akademii nauk SSSR, 1954, 552 p. [In Russian]
3. Gerasimenko G. A. Nizovye krest'yanskie organizatsii v 1917 – pervoy polovine 1918 godov: Na materialakh Nizhnego Povolzh'ya [Primary peasant organizations in 1917 – the first half of 1918: by the materials on the Lower Volga region]. Saratov: Izd-vo Saratovskogo un-ta, 1974, 341 p. [In Russian]
4. Safonov A. A. Krest'yane i vlast': materialy konf. [Peasants and the authority: conference proceedings]. Moscow; Tambov: IPTs TGTU, 1996, pp. 115–131. [In Russian]
5. Romanchenko V. Ya. Istoriya v nas, my v istorii: materialy Vseros. nauch.-prakt. konf. «Pugachevskie chteniya», posvyashch. 90-letiyu V. V. Pugacheva (23–24 oktyabrya 2013 g.) [The history in us, we in the history: proceedings of an All-Russian scientific and practical conference “Pugachevskie readings”, devoted to the 90th birthday of V. V. Pugachev (October 23rd–24th, 2013)]. Ministerstvo obrazovaniya i nauki RF; Saratovskiy sotsial'no-ekonomicheskiy institut (filial) FGBOU VPO «REU imeni G. V. Plekhanova ». Saratov: Saratovskiy sotsial'no-ekonomicheskiy in-t (filial) REU imeni G. V. Plekhanova, 2014, 188 p. [In Russian]
6. Bogdenko M. L., Zelenin I. E. Sovkhozy SSSR: Kratkiy istoricheskiy ocherk (1917–1975) [Collective farms of the USSR: a brief historical essay (1917–1975)]; AN SSSR; Institut istorii SSSR. Moscow: Politizdat, 1976, 279 p. [In Russian]
7. Litoshenko L. N. Sotsializatsiya zemli v Rossii: monografiya [Land socialization in Russia: monograph]; Mezhdistsiplinarnyy akademicheskiy tsentr gumanitarnykh nauk (Intertsentr), Guverovskiy arkhiv mira, voyny i revolyutsii. Novosibirsk: Sibirskiy khronograf, 2001, 536 p. [In Russian]
8. Dekrety Sovetskoy vlasti: v 2 t. [Decrees of the Soviet rule: in 2 volumes]. Moscow: Politizdat, 1959, vol. II, 698 p. [In Russian]
9. Resheniya partii i pravitel'stva po khozyaystvennym voprosam 1917–1967 gg.: v 5 t. [Decisions of the party and government on agricultural issues 1917–1967: in 5 volumes]. Moscow: Izd-vo politicheskoy literatury, 1967, vol. 1, 783 p. [In Russian]
10. Kommunisticheskaya partiya Sovetskogo Soyuza v rezolyutsiyakh i resheniyakh s"ezdov, konferentsiy i plenumov TsK. (1898–1953): v 15 t. [The Communistic Party of the Soviet Union in resolutions and congress decisions, conferences and plenary meetings of
the Supreme Committee]; Institut Marksa-Engel'sa-Lenina-Stalina pri TsK KPSS. 7th ed. Moscow: Gospolitizdat, 1953, vol. 1, 592 p. [In Russian]
11. Sharapov G. V. Razreshenie agrarnogo voprosa v Rossii posle pobedy Oktyabr'skoy revolyutsii (1917–1920 gg.) [The agrarian issue settlement in Russia after the victory of the October Revolution (1917–1920)]; Akademiya obshchestvennykh nauk pri TsK KPSS; kafedra istorii Sovetskogo obshchestva. Moscow: Izd-vo VPSh i AON, 1961, 312 p. [In Russian]